Pillar One is: Search Engine Optimization
SEO, or search engine optimization, is the process of improving the visibility and ranking of a website or web page in search engine results pages. SEO can be used to improve the organic (unpaid) search results for a website by targeting specific keywords and phrases that people are likely to use when searching for information online. When done correctly, SEO can help businesses attract more visitors from SERPs (search engine result pages), which can lead to increased website traffic and revenue.
There are a number of factors that go into SEO, including the quality and relevance of content, website architecture and design, backlinks, and on-page optimization. Businesses can improve their SEO rankings by focusing on these factors and by performing regular SEO audits to ensure that their website is up to date and compliant with search engine guidelines.
Pillar Two of the Six Pillars of Digital Marketing is: Social Media
One of the six pillars of digital marketing that is obvious is social media. Instagram and Facebook are two of the most popular social media platforms. They both have a large user base and are perfect for promoting your business. Instagram is especially good for visual businesses, such as fashion or food businesses. Facebook is good for many types of businesses as it allows you to create a page for your business where you can post updates, photos, and videos. This is a great way to connect with your customers and keep them updated on what’s going on with your business.
TikTok is a newer social media platform that is becoming increasingly popular. It is perfect for businesses that want to connect with a younger audience. TikTok allows you to create short videos, which are perfect for promoting your products or services. You can also use TikTok to run ads and gain new customers.
All of these social media platforms are great for promoting your business. However, it’s important to remember that each platform is different and you need to tailor your content accordingly. For example, what works on Instagram might not work on Facebook. Therefore, it’s important to experiment and see what works best for your business on each platform.
Pillar Three is: Data Analytics
Data analytics is the process of analyzing data to extract insights that can be used to improve businesses. This can be done through marketing research, customer analysis, or financial analysis. Data analytics can help businesses make better decisions by providing them with information about their customers, their behavior, and the market. It can also help businesses identify trends and patterns.
There are four main types of data analytics and each type has a different goal.
- Descriptive analytics answers the question of “what happened?”
- Predictive analytics tries to answer the question of “what could happen?”
- Cognitive analytics tells you “why” something happened
- Prescriptive analytics tells you “what” to do
All four types of analytics are important for understanding customer engagement. A business can use descriptive analytics to understand how customers interact with their website or app. Analytics software such as IBM Watson Analytics can help turn data into insights quickly and easily. With the right tools, any business can harness the power of data analytics to improve customer engagement.
Pillar Four of the Six Pillars of Digital Marketing is: Campaign and Branding
In the past, branding and campaign strategies were pretty straightforward. You come up with a catchy slogan, get a celebrity endorsement, and plaster it everywhere. Consumers would see it and (hopefully) remember it when they went to make a purchase. Nowadays, things are far more complicated. Thanks to social media and mobile phones, businesses and brands have to be always “on”, ready to take on opportunities to engage with customers anywhere, anytime.
There are three key things to keep in mind when branding your content in today’s landscape:
- First, be authentic. Customers can spot inauthenticity from a mile away, and they’ll be much less likely to trust your brand if they think you’re being dishonest.
- Secondly, make sure all your content is consistent. This includes the branding, the tone, the messaging – everything should be aligned. If you start straying from your core values or message, you’ll confuse your customers and lose their trust.
- Finally, be responsive. The best brands are always quick to respond to customer feedback, whether it’s positive or negative. Not only does this show that you care about your customers’ opinions, but it also helps you learn what they want or don’t want from the brand. Listening to your customers is essential for any branding campaign; after all, it is the customers who will make or break your business
Pillar Five is: Email Marketing
One of the six pillars of digital marketing is the use of email to build and reach a loyal audience. Many people believe email marketing is dead. We beg to differ. Email marketing is a great way to connect with potential customers and grow your audience. It is one of the only channels where you own the data. It allows you to send out targeted messages to people who may be interested in what you have to offer. Email marketing can also be a great way to keep in touch with existing customers and build relationships with them.
There are a five things you need to keep in mind when it comes to email marketing:
- Make sure your emails are relevant and interesting to your audience. No one wants to receive spam.
- Don’t overdo it with the email marketing. Sending too many emails can quickly turn people off, and they may start unsubscribing from your list.
- Make sure your emails are valuable and interesting, and send them out at a reasonable frequency.
- Include words like “free” and “discount”, if possible, in your email marketing. People love getting free items and discounts, so make sure to offer them as often as possible.
- Consider running a contest or giveaway in your email marketing campaigns. This is a great way to attract new customers and grow your audience.
Pillar Six of the Six Pillars of Digital Marketing is: Paid Advertisement
Paid advertisements are a form of online advertising that allows businesses to create ads that appear on Google and its partner websites. When someone searches for a product or service on Google, they may see ads for businesses that are related to their search.
Having paid advertisements can help businesses grow their audience by targeting people who are interested in what they have to offer. Ads can be customized to target specific audiences, including people who live in a certain area, or who have visited a business’s website before. Paid advertisements are a great way to reach new customers and grow your business.
Digital marketing is an essential part of any business’s marketing strategy. By using the six pillars of digital marketing, businesses can reach new customers, engage with existing customers, and build relationships with them. Paid advertisement, email marketing, and branding are just a few of the ways businesses can use digital marketing to their advantage. Digital marketing is essential for any business because it allows them to reach new customers and engage with existing ones in a way that traditional marketing cannot. By using all six pillars, businesses can create a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that will help them reach their goals.